Mobile Accessibility Task Force (Mobile A11Y TF)
of the AG WG
Announcements and Meetings
No announcements at the moment.
Meetings and Communication
The Mobile Accessibility Task Force conducts its work using a variety of synchronous and asynchronous tools. Most work is done via email and issues as shown below, supplemented by occasional teleconferences.
- Email lists;
- IRC discussion (server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #mobile-a11y) is used by some members during the teleconferences. Please type "present+" your name in the IRC channel when joining a meeting.;
- Web-Based Surveys (WBS);
- Mobile Accessibility Task Force Meetings call-in informations are available.
- Mobile Accessibility Task Force Meetings are every Thursday, 11:00 to 12:00pm EST, 16:00-17:00 UTC. To determine what time this is in your region, please consult the world clock meeting planner. Since Daylight Saving Time changeovers occur at different times in different countries, please check the times each week.
Minutes from previous meetings are available.
- The Mobile Accessibility Task Force uses the [email protected] mailing list for email discussion; members of the public can post to this list to send input to the task force. Mobile Accessibility Task Force mailing list archives are publicly available for the Mobile A11Y TF main mailing list.
- Participants are automatically added to the mailing list when the become a participant of the Task Force.
The editors' draft of Mobile Accessibility: How WCAG 2.0 and Other W3C/WAI Guidelines Apply to Mobile is on Github. Issues and pull requests are welcome.
- Developing design guidance or mobile web accessibility best practices
- Reviewing existing resources, including those outside of W3C
About the Mobile Accessibility Task Force
The Mobile Accessibility Task Force (Mobile A11Y TF) is a Task Force of the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (AG WG). It assists this Working Group to produce techniques, understanding, and guidance documents, as well as updates to existing related W3C material that addresses the mobile space.
Facilitator and Contacts
Mobile Accessibility Task Force Work Statement defines the initial objective, scope, approach, and participation of the Task Force.
To join the Mobile Accessibility Task Force, individuals must be participants of either the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (AG WG). Participants are expected to actively contribute to the work of the Task Force, including:
- Minimum 4 hours per week of Mobile A11Y TF work (this time also counts towards the individual's participation requirement in the sponsoring WG through which they have joined);
- Remain current on the Mobile Accessibility Task Force mailing list and respond in a timely manner to postings;
- Participate in Mobile Accessibility Task Force telephone meetings, or send regrets to the Task Force mailing list.
If you are interested in participating in the Mobile Accessibility Task Force, please send e-mail to: Kim Patch, Kathy Wahlbin, Roy Ran and Michael Cooper include a little bit about what you’re interested in and how you think that you may be able to contribute to the Task Force.
Participants in the Mobile Accessibility Task Force lists current participants.